Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some confusing results. Just by changing the compiler, my kernel function seems to work - at least on one computer. I'm going to have to investigate this a bit further, because the changes don't seem to work on the second computer. There are slight differences in the emulator versions (Bochs) as well as slight changes in the code. In any case, the real test is trying it on real hardware - hopefully this weekend I will have some time. In the meantime, my next goals are to port stdlib (and of course fill in any missing kernel functions along the way) and then to get a disk running. I have a floppy driver, but that is obsolete hardware these days. I need to write a proper ATA driver (or maybe SATA). But first I will get stdlib started (at least as far as I can before I need file access).

No comments:

Post a Comment